The annual Record Store Day is right around the corner (April 20th) and bands left and right are preparing special releases for the special day. Though the full list of planned Record Store Day releases has not been released yet, I have found a few announced releases that some of you may be interested in.
- First off, Between the Buried and Me have TWO releases planned for Record Store Day. The band are releasing a special edition vinyl box set containing their conceptual releases, The Parallax and The Parallax II. Victory records will also be releasing a limited edition vinyl (limited to 900 clear orange vinyl) pressing of the band’s covers album, The Anatomy of.
- Speaking of Victory Records, the label has some other releases planned. They will be releasing limited edition vinyls, all 900 copies each, of the following: Snapcase’s Steps 7″ (red vinyl) , Earth Crisis-Firestorm 7″ (white vinyl), Grey Area-Fanbelt Algebra (white vinyl), Bayside-Live At the Bayside Social Club (2xLP, white vinyl), and Straylight Run-Prepare to be Wrong (red vinyl).
- Deftones have begun to announce a series of seven live vinyl releases that will be released throughout the year up until Record Store Day’s Black Friday related activities on November 29th. The first release that will be released this Record Store Day is entitled Live: Volume 1-Selections from Adrenaline and will contain four tracks from the band’s first album that were recorded live during their October 13th, 1996 show at the Memorial Auditorium in Buffalo NY. Side A will contain live performances of the tracks “Minus Blindfold” and “Teething” and side B will contain “Nosebleed” and “Engine No. 9″.
- Testament are releasing a new 7″ picture disc containing the covers of Iron Maiden and Scorpions songs that were on their last album Dark Roots of the Earth. The 7″ will see the band covering the Maiden song “Powerslave” and the Scorpions’ “Animal Magnetism”.
- And the covers keep coming! Entombed and Evile are planning a split 7″ together. The release will be apart of the UK edition of Record Store Day and will feature the Entombed track “Drowned” and Evile’s cover of that song.
- August Burns Red and Silverstein are planning a split 7″ covers release as well. It will limited to 500 copies pressed to burnt orange vinyl and will be packaged Silverstein’s cover of The Get Up Kids’ “Coming Clean” and August Burns Red’s cover of “You Vandal” by Saves the Day.
- FINALLY, Touche Amore and Title Fight will release a split 7″ covers release too. Imagine that. The release will be pressed to an exclusive colored vinyl and a worldwide release will follow soon after Record Store Day. It will feature Touche Amore covering Title Fight’s “Crescent-Shaped Depression” and Title Fight covering Touche Amore’s “Face:Ghost”.
Hopefully the full list of releases will contain more than simply covers, covers, covers.